If the survey is not configured for data collection through RebusCloud, users can directly import the data file which contains data collected from any external medium. The data file can be either in CSV or SPSS format and analysis can be carried out on that uploaded data.
But before you do that, there are a few more things you need to take care of.
1. First, you need to design the survey in the system. Survey can be designed in the 'Designer' section. Click to know more about how to create a survey in designer. Ensure that all the questions that are required for analysis are added in the survey.
2. The second step is Mapping. Mapping is done to map the headers of the data file with the survey questions as created in the first step. Click to know more details about how to do the mapping for all the question types.
Once the user has completed the above two steps then it's time to import the data file.
To import, click on the 'Data' icon available in Rebuscloud navigation pane and then choose 'Import' option (highlighted in red). Clicking will open the Import screen as shown below.
Click on 'Upload Data' to import the data file. Clicking will open a pop up where user can select the data file format and can configure other property settings.
- File Type: User can select the data file format that is to be imported. By default, 'Delimited' is selected i.e. CSV and the user can select from 2 options available (highlighted in red) i.e. 'Delimited' and 'SPSS'.
- Separator: By default, 'Comma' is selected as a separator. If the data file columns are comma separated then user should select 'comma' in this option here. If the data file that has to be imported has different separator then user can choose from the available options. Clicking on the text box will open a drop down showing all the options (highlighted in red). The separator option selected here should be same with the separator that is used in the data file.
- Text Qualifier: If the data file has comma in between the text then user has to select a qualifier. Clicking on the text box will open a drop down showing all the options (highlighted in red). If there is no comma used in the text then 'none' can be selected.
Note: Text qualifier selected here should not be present in the data file.
- Header Row In: It tells which row contains the header.
After all the configuration settings are completed then user can click on 'Choose file' to upload the data file. After the file is selected then user can click on 'Select' to import the data file.
To check if the data file is imported or not, user can check the request added and the download data status by clicking on My files. click on the icon (highlighted in red) will open a drop down with several options. Click on 'My Files'.
Clicking on 'My Files' will open a "File Queue" screen where user can see the request added.
There are several columns present in the request queue screen as explained below:
- Delete: Clicking on cross sign will delete this request.
- Download File: Clicking on the icon shown under this column will download the .csv file.
- Error Logs: There are 2 types of logs i.e. "Detailed log" and "Summary log". User can download the logs to check the reason if the export request is a failure.
- Status: It shows the status of the export request. If the request is success then it shows 'success' otherwise it shows 'Failed'.
- File Name: Shows the exported file name.
- File Type: It will always show 'Export' when user has given the export request.
- Process Id: It shows the time stamp. It is always unique and helps the technical team to process the different requests.
- Data & Time Initiated: It shows the date and time of the request added.
User can then Export (Click to refer export) or can monitor the data imported (Click to refer Monitor).
User can also delete the imported data by clicking on 'Delete Data' tab (highlighted in red).
Clicking on tab will open 'Delete Data' pop up.
There are 2 options available:
- Delete all Data: Selecting this option will delete all the data. user needs to type "DELETE" in the text box given below. Click on 'ok' will then delete all the uploaded data.
- Selected Data: This options allows the user to delete the selected records and not all the data. Uploading those selected records will delete the same from the already uploaded data. Selecting this option will open the same configuration settings which were there while importing the data (explained above).
Note: There is one condition here i.e. user should only upload that data file which contains respondent Id's. In order to get the respondent Id's, user can first export the data after which he can manually just keep that data which he wants to delete and upload the same here.
This is done because in order to delete the records the programme needs the respondent Id so that's why user first needs to export to get the system variable i.e. 'respondent id'.