Net Promoter Score is a measure for assessing a customer's loyalty to a company's brand or product. For example a customer willing to recommend a company's product or service to others.
NPS is calculated as the difference between the percentage of Promoters and Detractors.
Net Promoter Score = % Promoters - % Detractors
For example, we will calculate the NPS using the answer to a key question, using a 0-10 scale: How likely is it that you would recommend [brand] to a friend or colleague?
Respondents are grouped as follows:
- Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others.
- Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
- Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth
So, based on the responses, if you have 25% Promoters, 55% Passives and 20% Detractors, the NPS will be +5.
NPS provides a clear measure of an organisation's performance through its customer's eyes and one of the key predictor of the growth of your brand.
After creating the collections (Click Here to know about how to create a collection) , click on 'Analysis Wizard' (highlighted in red) to create NPS analysis.
Click will open the Analysis Wizard (Click Here to know more about Analysis Wizard).
Let's try to show how this analysis works with the help of an example:
Refer the screenshot of the NPS question considered for this example.
Choose an NPS question in the analysis wizard to run the analysis. Select question in the Analysis wizard and click on Next Step.
Select the analysis type NPS, as highlighted in blue and click on Next Step.
Select the chart types from the different chart options available or can click on "No Chart" i.e. analysis view in the tabular format. This example shows clicking on 'No Chart'. Click on Finish.
Clicking will open the "Analyse - Cross Tabulation" screen. It contains 3 tabs (highlighted in red):
- Home tab contains below features:
- Edit Filter: User can apply the filter. Click Here to know more about how to use filters.
- Properties: Click Here to know more about what can be done in properties.
- Transpose: Click Here to know how Transpose works.
- Table: Click here will change the view of the analysis from table to chart.
- Weighting tab explains about weighting. Click Here to find out the details about how to apply the weights.
- Chart tab shows all the chart properties available. Click Here to refer this section in details.
"Analyse - Cross Tabulation" screen by default shows the NPS analysis as col % in the tabular format i.e. Subtracting the percentage of the Detractors from the percentage of Promoters gives the NPS scores as shown below.
User can also view the analysis with different measures by toggling:
- Col% : This is selected by default when the analysis is loaded as shown in the above screenshot.
- Count: Clicking will add an another table showing the counts.
Note: Toggle is highlighted after clicking on it which will then add the table below. User can also switch it off by clicking again which will then remove the highlighter and the table.
To switch or to create the next analysis, Click on 'Back' (highlighted in red) and select other analysis. Click on 'delete' (highlighted in green) to remove this analysis.