Use this analysis type if your grid is a ratings grid. In this case the mean ratings for each attribute is crossed with the second variable you have chosen.
After creating the collections (Click Here to know about how to create a collection) , click on 'Analysis Wizard' (circled in red) to create this cross grid attribute type analysis.
Click will open the Analysis Wizard (Click Here to know more about Analysis Wizard). User will need to choose any two questions to run a cross grid analysis.
- The first question i.e. side break should be always a simple grid question.
- The second question i.e. top break can be chosen between Single Choice, Multi Select and Date type questions.
Note: User can choose two question together by clicking on shift+up/down or Continuously press Ctrl key and click on the question to be selected.
Warning: If the user chooses first question other than simple grid then it will show an error highlighting it as red. User will then need to click on Clear and start selecting questions again by first selecting simple grid and then between single, multi and date type questions.
Let's try to show how this analysis works with the help of an example:
Refer screenshot of two questions considered for this example. One is a simple grid and the other is a single choice question:
Select these same questions in the Analysis wizard and click on Next Step.
User has to select the analysis type shown in the top section i.e. click on the top option as highlighted and click on Next Step.
User can select the chart types from the different chart options available or can click on "No Chart" i.e. analysis view in the tabular format. This example shows clicking on 'No Chart'. Click on Finish.
Clicking will open the "Analyse - Cross Tabulation" screen. It contains 3 tabs (highlighted in red):
- Home tab contains below features:
- Edit Filter: User can apply the filter. Click Here to know more about how to use filters.
- Properties: Click Here to know more about what can be done in properties.
- Transpose: Click Here to know how Transpose works.
- Table: Click here will change the view of the analysis from table to chart.
- Weighting tab explains about weighting. Click Here to find out the details about how to apply the weights.
- Chart tab shows all the chart properties available. Click Here to refer this section in details.
"Analyse - Cross Tabulation" screen by default shows the analysis in the tabular format. Description (highlighted in red) shows the name of the 'Grid question' with the question text by which it is crossed. Side break (highlighted in blue) shows the number of attributes of the grid and the top break (highlighted in green) shows the number of items of the single choice question.
User can also view the analysis with different measures shown by toggling:
- Mean: This is selected by default when the analysis is loaded as shown in the above screenshot.
- Count: Clicking will add an another table showing the counts.
- Mode: Clicking will add an another table showing the mode scores.
- Median: Clicking will add an another table showing the median scores.
- Upper Quartile: Clicking will add an another table showing the upper quartile scores.
- Lower Quartile: Clicking will add an another table showing the lower quartile scores.
Note: Toggle is highlighted after clicking on it which will then add the table below. User can also switch it off by clicking again which will then remove the highlighter from the toggle and the table.
To switch to the next analysis, user can click on 'Back' (highlighted in red) and will be redirected to the home page where user can create or select another analysis. user can click on 'delete' (highlighted in green) to remove this analysis.
Clicking on 'Back' will show the analysis created on the Home page.
User then can click on the icons (highlighted in red) to edit the name or delete the analysis. If user wants to open then can click on the analysis name to open the same.